Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Toy Robot Museum

I just made plans to visit the Toy Robot Museum in Adamstown, PA, later in July. It's run by a long-time collector named Joe Knedlhans, and has more than 3000 toy robots on display. It's a pretty amazing place, and Joe's a great guy. I've had the opportunity to visit the museum numerous times over the years, and it's always an adventure. If you're ever in that neck of the woods, I suggest stopping by. Tell Joe that Doc sent you. Actually, on second thought... he's got a long memory, so it's probably best if you leave me out of it. Boy, he sure loved that squid.

For the curious, here's a profile on Joe and the museum I produced for the New York Post not too long ago.



For more information on the Toy Robot Museum, check out www.stoudtburgvillage.com/store.php?s=54. If you do head down thataways, be sure to give yourself time to explore all the antique toy stores in Adamstown. I've found numerous additions to my own collection, including some extremely rare ray guns (which will be discussed in another post).

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing.. what an incredible collection. So many rare items.

    ReplyDelete

Doc Atomic wants to hear from you!