Thursday, November 12, 2009

Off To The Auction

A week without posts, I suck, I know. But it's been a busy few days as I scrambled to pull together funds for the impending Morphy auction of the Marc Solondz toy collection.

I'll be heading out tomorrow a.m. with fellow collectors -- and Attic contributors -- Steve Jaspen and Karl Tate. The plan is to stop by the auction house on Friday to check out part one of the auction (featuring Japanese vinyl and die-cast toys), and then it's off to the Toy Robot Museum to geek out with a bunch of other robot collectors. Then, on Saturday, it's the main event. I've got a few toys in my sights, and after selling off a whole bunch of random crap, I think I've got enough money to bring them home with me.

A rundown of the weekend, along with photos, will follow upon my return. Until then, happy collecting!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo on your way to Lancaster County! lol Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Good ol' Adamstown, my home away from home. Lots of toys lurking in all those antique shops -- as well as 50 bazillion other cool things -- and, of course, the world famous Toy Robot Museum. Gonna be a fun couple days.

    ReplyDelete

Doc Atomic wants to hear from you!